Home > Business > Saemangeum > Saemangeum Gunsan Free Economic Zone
Adjacent to huge markets including China, Japan, Russia
The gateway to the world as well as the advanced base for extending economic territories, Saemangeum
- 700 million people reside within a radius of 1,200km.
- Possible daily business population are 2 billion people.
- 52 cities with the population of one million or more are located within the flight range of 2 hours.
Takeoff for a global city, the construction of Saemangeum International Airport
- Enhancing the global access of Saemangeum zone
- In progress of a preliminary feasibility study on ‘the 5th Airport Development Medium- and Long-term Comprehensive Plan’ by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transportation
Connecting wiith Seoul Metropolitan area within 3 hours through building broad road networks
- It is possible to access Saemangeum within 2.5 hours from Seoul
- Using West Gimje Interchange on Seohaean Expressway and Expressway between Saemangeum and Jeonju
- Building Saemangeum broad area road networks
- Opening Expressway between Saemangeum and Jeonju in 2020
- Building Saemangeum inner arterial road networks
- Scheduled to complete 2 east-west directions and 3 south-north directions in 2020
Located within 3 hours from major economic hubs in Korea
Forming a life zone within one hour from Seoul metropolitan Area through constructing rail road networks
- Constructing a life zone within one hour from Seoul metropolitan Area
- Taking 56 minutes from Seoul to Iksan(KTX)
- Taking 35 minutes from Iksan to Saemangeum
- Building the double track subway between Saemangeum (New Port) and Gunsan (Daeya) (45km)
- Disposing of the cargo volume in Saemangeum New Port